Practical. Sensible and Strategic
criminal law advice.
At GJC Law, our Criminal defence lawyers believe in representation at the most immediate opportunity and stress the importance of putting your case forward even if it’s at the initial stage of investigation.
Our approach produces results, with clients either having their charges dropped, a stern warning administered, a conditional warning being given or having the matter compounded altogether.
The GJC Criminal law team includes legal practitioners with a large team of paralegals & support staff. We also consult with numerous professionals for the benefit of our clients.
Our team is available 24/7 for emergencies.
We fight to defend the rights of our clients, and have built our reputation by providing sensible & practical advice, as well as perseverance and experience to achieve their goals.
Areas of Representation
Have you been arrested, facing criminal charges, or charged with a criminal offence?
Our criminal defence solicitors at GJC Law can provide the urgent legal representation you need.
We practice in a wide range of legal areas, including violent crimes, crimes affecting public peace, white-collar crimes, regulatory offences, traffic offences, property offences, sexual crimes, cyber and workplace crimes (POHA), youth crimes, and drug offences.
No matter the specifics or circumstances of your case, we’re here to help you get the best possible outcome.
How we Represent our Clients
- Reviewing the details of the charges filed against the client.
- Evaluating the strength of the evidence presented by the prosecution.
- Advising the client on their rights and legal options.
- Explaining potential outcomes and penalties associated with the charges, and best course of action based on individual factual matrix.
- Gathering evidence to support the client's defence.
- Interviewing witnesses and collecting relevant documents.
- Presenting legal arguments and challenging evidence in favor of the client.
- Building a strong defense strategy, including identifying legal precedents and case laws relevant to the charges.
- Preparing the client and any witnesses for testimony.
- Advocating for client during trial.
- Engaging in plea bargaining with the prosecution, if applicable.
- Pursuing reduced charges or sentencing options to benefit the client.
Our criminal law lawyers can help if you:
Are under police investigation and required to attend a formal interview with police
Have been charged by the police and have to attend court
Have been served with a Private Summons Prosecutions / Magistrate’s Complaint
Want to initiate a Private Summons Prosecutions / Magistrate’s Complaint
Want to initiate an application for Prevention of the Harassment Act (POHA)
Affordable Flat Fee Arrangements and Flexible Payment Options.
We offer a Flat Fee rate for each stage of your case. In this agreement, a single fixed price is paid up to a particular stage of the case.
This type of agreement limits the amount of financial exposure you will have for your case, particularly in a plead-guilty case when charged in Court.
Criminal Law Process in Singapore — Explained.
Our Singapore Criminal Lawyer Blog covers the whole of the Criminal Law Procedure in Singapore, from being arrested and charged in court, through to the final verdict. This valuable information will enable you to better understand the Singapore Criminal Law System.
You can count on our criminal lawyers to help and guide you through your legal matter by offering a clear explanation of the law and receiving dedicated representation throughout the courtroom process.
Cost of Hiring a Criminal Defence Lawyer
The honest answer is, “it depends.”
The cost for hiring a criminal lawyer to represent you is based on the nature, severity of the charges and the lawyer’s experience in criminal law. Our criminal lawyers are able to offer you a complimentary consultation to discuss the specific circumstances of your case and what our legal fee ranges will be.