The Singapore Criminal Lawyer Blog is written by Ms Gloria James-Civetta and Mr Amarjit Singh, both Specialist Criminal Law practitioners of Singapore law firm Gloria James-Civetta & Co.

The Blog covers the whole Criminal Law Procedure in Singapore, from being arrested and charged in court, to crimes & punishment. This valuable information will enable you to better understand the Singapore Criminal Law System.

Individuals facing criminal charges should seek proper professional guidance that can only be provided by a Specialist Crime Lawyer.

Click here to see some of our reported cases on the press

Protection from Harassment Bill

Posted by admin in Uncategorized

The Singapore government passed the Protection from Harassment Bill this year with the aim of enhancing protection of Singaporeans from anti-social behaviour in both the real world and cyberspace. Currently, acts of harassment is protected by the common law and sections 13A-13D of the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance Act). The new ...

Read More


Posted by admin in Affray

  The definition of Affray is defined under Section 267A of the Penal Code: 267A “Where 2 or more persons disturb the public peace by fighting in a public place, they are said to “commit an affray”.” The offence of Affray usually consists of a scuffle or tussle between 2 or more persons with the [...]

Read More

Smoking Laws in Singapore

Posted by admin in smoking

Laws surrounding the smoking of cigarettes in Singapore are stringent. It is an offence for a person to smoke in non-smoking areas listed under the Smoking (Prohibition in Certain Places) Act.  Most public places in Singapore prohibits the smoking of cigarettes. Various deterrence are set out to discourage smoking in Singapore, anti-smoking advert...

Read More