1) Whoever does any act with such;
- – intention
- – or knowledge
2) and under such circumstances that if he, by the act that he was about to commit;
3) would cause death as a result of which he would be guilty of murder;
4) shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may;
- – extend to 15 years
- – and shall also be liable to a fine
5) and if hurt is caused to any person by such act carried out by the offender, he shall be liable;
- – either to imprisonment for life
- – or to imprisonment for a term which may extend to 20 years
- – AND shall also be liable to caning
- – or a fine
- – or both caning and a fine
- A shoots at Z with intention to kill him, under such circumstances that, if death ensued, A would be guilty of murder. A is liable to punishment under this section.
- A, with intention of causing the death of a child of tender years, throws the child into a river. Ahas committed the offence defined by this section, although the death of the child does not ensue.
- A, intending to murder Z, buys a gun and loads it. Ahas not yet committed the offence. A fires the gun at Z. He has committed the offence defined in this section; and if by such firing he wounds Z, he is liable to the punishment provided by the latter part of this section.
- A, intending to murder Z by poison, purchases poison and mixes the same with food which remains in A’s keeping; A has not yet committed the offence defined in this section. A places the food on Z’s table or delivers it to Z’s servants to place it on Z’s table. A has committed the offence defined in this section.